Mumbai: Computer peripherals maker TVS Electronics has introduced India's first computer keyboard with a key dedicated to the new rupee symbol.
It said its new keyboard with the recently introduced symbol of the Indian currency, TVS Gold Bharat, would be available at retail points on Independence Day.
Announcing the launch of TVS Gold Bharat S S Raman, managing director, TVS Electronics said, ''We are proud to depict the Indian rupee symbol in our keyboard and we are the first and only Indian manufacturer to do so. As the core Indian company, we believe in ''Taking IT to the heart of India.''
The company said its TVS Gold keyboards comes with unique features specially developed for the Indian conditions:
- Long life mechanical switch up to 50 million keystrokes.
- Compatible with Windows and Linux.
- High reliable more than 200,000 hrs MTBF.
- Laser etched keycaps reduced wear and tear of Keys.
- TVS GOLD Bilingual keyboards support Indian languages like Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujarati, and Assamese, among others.
- TVS Electronics is a part of the 97-year-old, $3.5-billion Chennai-based TVS Group.